How to Apply

Major steps to starting your application


1. Consider which type of program you might be interested in:

  • TAMU-CC Faculty-Led Programs: TAMU-CC faculty have led students of all majors on studying and learning abroad adventures. Check our current programs.
  • Reciprocal Exchange Programs: TAMU-CC College of Business & Hochshule Worms (University of Applied Sciences) Reciprocal Exchange Program in Germany.
  • Independent Programs: Here you will find some third-party providers who offer study abroad programs of all types all over the world. Check with these third-party providers to find out which of them might have programs of interest to you.

    For more details, go to Programs

2. Fill out the Student Record here and Email it back to

3. Do you need a Passport? Click here to get more information.

4. Set up an appointment with the Study Abroad Office at

5. Appointments are available from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. We are located in University Center, 226C.

  • For your first appointment, bring a printed version of your degree plan. You can find your degree plan at Degree Works on your SAIL account.

6. Review the Application Process for your type of program:

7. Apply a visa (For international Students Only)

International students can only participate in the study abroad program in summer sessions according to you F-1 visa requirment. You will need to apply for a Short-term visa for the destinations as well.

For European countries, except UK, you will need to apply a Schengen visa in order to be allowed into the countries. Students cannot apply for Schengen visas earlier than 3 months before their study abroad program is scheduled to start. Students who are applying for this, while in the U.S., will need to submit their applications to the country's Consulate Office in US. For summer programs, you will need to apply the visa in the spring to complete this process. For detailed information, please contact us.

For the non-european countries, please check their consulate office or embassy regulations online, or contact us to discuss the details.


For any further questions, contact us

Office of International Education
University Center 226
(361) 825-3346