Independent Study and Research
As an independent student, you will need to explore which program that third-party providers offered you are interested at. Below are some recommendations for you.
INDEPENDENT PROGRAMS APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Students set-up appointment with Study Abroad Advisor
- Students complete "Student Record" when they visit an advisor
- Student receives Budget Worksheet & Required Materials list
- Students will need to complete the separate application process for the independent program.
Phase 1 w/OIE:
- Students bring in program information to be vetted by SA staff
- Students complete course approval forms
- Student file is created
- Scholarship information is provided
- Student meets with Academic Advisor to discuss potential courses and complete course approval form.
- Student provided with information on how to obtain a foreign credential evaluation (when they complete their program)
- Students meet with SA Staff to submit course approval forms
- Students submit "Certified to Study Abroad Form" or "Participation Approval Forms" from their independent program.
- Students submit a copy of their latest degree plan.
- Students must submit a copy of their official acceptance letter from their provider program. (This letter can be used for TAMUCC Study Abroad Scholarship application as well.)
- Students submit copy of passport & flight itinerary
- Students secure housing and insurance through their independent program provider, and must submit insurance verification to OIE.
- Students register for Study Abroad holding course during regular registration period.
- Students attend PDO.
For any questions, please contact
Office of International Education
University Center 226