Scholarships Connected to Specific Countries, Languages, or Topics
A wide variety of scholarships is available for specific programs such as the following:
Scholarships for Study Abroad in Asia
- Provides financial assistance to students who are participating in the Chinese language programs offered by the CIEE Centers at Peking University (Beijing), East China Normal University (Shanghai), Nanjing University, and National Chengchi University (Taipei). Based on merit, financial need, and previous language experience. Please visit Department of Education Scholarship for Programs in China.
- The Freeman-Asia scholarship provides American students to study abroad in one of the 15 Asian countries on semester or summer programs (at least eight weeks in length). Scholarships are first offered to student with no prior experience in the country where they plan to study. Go to Freeman Asia.
- Scholarships for American students participating in study abroad programs in Japan to assist with travel and living expenses. Funding from private foundations and major US corporations has made it possible for ATJ to award scholarships annually. Undergraduate students majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Japanese language study is not a prerequisite. Please visit Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan.
- Morgan Stanley Scholarships. For those students interested in economics and international finance who have been accepted for study in Japan are eligible.
- India Study Abroad Center. Available to deserving international students interested in studying abroad in India through an ISAC program.
- The scholarship is to be used for studying abroad via Asia Exchange at one of the following universities: Bali, Indonesia: Udayana University; Bangkok, Thailand: Kasetsart University; Guangzhou, China: Guangzhou University; Phuket, Thailand: Prince of Songkla University; and Seoul, South Korea: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. The entire program fee for each of the above programs is $3,500. Please visit Asia Exchange Scholarships.
- Chinese Goverment Scholarship for the study of Chinese language and culture
- Alliance offers need-based scholarships every fall, spring, and summer for their China, India, and Istanbul programs. These are awarded based on the student's financial need and are only applicable to these three programs. Please visit Alliance for Global Education Need Based Scholarships.
Scholarships for Study Abroad in Europe
- New Zealand Study Abroad Scholarship through Go Overseas
- Offers 9 different types of scholarships, grants, and fellowships for study and research in Germany. There are awards for undergraduate students to post-doctoral scholars in every field imaginable. Ranges from financial support for 3-week courses to full-year financial support for an academic year abroad. Please visit German Academic Exchange Servicie.
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program. Scholarship program that facilitates cultural exchange for American and German young adults in the business, vocational, technical, and agricultural fields. The 12-month program includes support for intensive language instruction, university classes, and a 5-month career-related internship. Funds round-trip airfare, language study and university classes, living stipend.
- EESA-Eastern European Study Abroad. EESA provides merit and need-based scholarships of up to $7,000 per applicant. EESA offers individual financial advising to all students and ensures that each student is able to study abroad.
- Offers numerous awards to support exchanges to Austria in the fields of medicine, science, communications, and the arts. Please visit American Austrian Foundation.
- Work Immersion Study Program (WISP). Three-month work and study immersion program that pays for intensive 1-month language course and places students in a 2-month paid internship in a business or technical field related to their career plans in Germany.
- Financial support from the Polish Ministry of Education and Sport and the Kosciuszko Foundation for US students to study and live in Poland for a semester or year. Includes tuition waiver and stipend for living costs for study of Polish language, history, and literature at Jagiellonian University in Krakow. Please visit Kosciuszko Foundation Year Abroad in Poland Scholarship.
- King Olav V Norwegian-American Heritage Fund. Scholarship to support the study of American students in Norway or Norwegian students in the US.
- UniPlaces is a search engine for student accommodation, and while their scholarship is different than most others on the list, applicants will have the chance to win accommodation for a full semester of their study abroad -- which we all know can be a major expense! Applicants can be any nationality. UniPlaces Scholarship.
- The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Progam at the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
- CIEE/MUISA: 25 Scholarships to U.S student with disabilities
- Education Ireland and GoOverseas Scholarship
- FEA'S LGBTQ Rainbow Scholarship
- FEA'S Athlete Abroad Scholarship
- FEA'S Texas Scholarship
- North American Language & Culture Assistants in Spain 2016-2017
For more Scholarships, please click here.
For any further questions, contact us
Office of International Education
University Center 226