Need a Passport?

Regardless of where students are going, or how long they will be abroad, all students will need a valid passport in order to travel into an out of the country.

For students U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents, follow the steps below to apply for a U.S. passport: 

  1. Obtain the U.S. Passport Application Form by visiting the "U.S. Passports" section of the U.S. Department of State Website here: (
    1. You will be able to calculate the passport cost, determine passport eligibility, and access the passport application form (you must print it once completed because there is no online submission process).
  2. Collect/assemble the required documents. A list of the required documents can be obtained from the above website.
  3. Official passport photos are available at places such as the Sand Dollar Office, CVS or Walgreen pharmacies.
  4. Schedule an appointment to submit your passport application at a US Government Post Office location which has a Passport Acceptance Facility. Available appointments vary from location to location.

Passport Book vs. Passport Card? 

When applying for your passport, make sure that you apply for the passport book, and not the passport card. Some of you may want to apply for both if you have the financial means to do so. 

The passport book, allows individuals to travel internationally, beyond the North American territories by land, sea, or air. When traveling abroad, the passport book also allows for visas, entry/exit stamps, etc. to be added to the document, regardless of your travel purpose.

The passport card was created to allow for smoother entry/exit between the North American territories by land or by sea. Students who will be flying into Canada, Mexico, or any of the Caribbean destinations will need the passport book in order to be allowed in to those destinations. 


All passports must be valid for at least 6 months after a student's study abroad program end date. If you are a U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident who's passport will be expiring before your study abroad program end date,  you will need to renew your passport prior to your departure for your program. 

To renew your passport, follow the Passport Renewal procedures listed on the U.S. Department of State travel website. Make sure you complete the correct application form (DS-82) and submit the appropriate documents and fees to renew your passport. 

Passport Acceptance Facility locations can be found at the following URL address:

Some Passport Acceptance Facilities near the TAMU-CC Campus are listed below

Facility Name

Street Address




Hector P Garcia Main Post Office

809 Nueces Bay Blvd., Corpus Christi, TX 78469



Ingleside Post Office

2230 State Highway 361, Ingleside, TX 78362



Portland Main Post Office

120 Lang Rd., Portland, TX 78374



Aransas Pass Post Office

634 S Commercial St, Aransas Pass, TX 78336



Taft Post Office

110 Victoria Ave, Taft, TX 78390



Robstown MPO Passport Office

313 E Main Ave., Robstown, TX 78380



Kingsville Post Office

103 E Kleberg Ave, Kingsville, TX 78363



Mathis Post Office

121 S Bee St, Mathis, TX 78368



Aransas County District Clerk

301 N. Live Oak St., Rockport, TX 78382



Refugio MPO

507 Osage St., Refugio, TX 78377